Bear with...

So much last minute relocation stuff is currently upon us! Grand update and more excruciating photos very soon! 

By the way, becoming competent in speaking French is a  l o n g  haul. The more I study, the more I realise how totally incompetent I am... I can now understand most of what I read, but following French conversation is tough! I can say things, but these things don't necessarily relate to anything I actually want and need to say. I need to develop my grasp of the French colloquial in order to sound less like C3PO.

I am also beginning to understand just how important the mayor is. We've bought him a little something from Britain, but the timing of the presentation of the gift is tricky... I don't want to be drummed out of France for bribery! There are so many things we have to approach the mayor about, that need to be 'got out the way'... I'll let you know how the first meeting goes. I hope he's ready for our painful Franglais.

I daren't mention it, but I shall...  I think we have a problem regarding the type of fosse septique* we want. Much, much more to follow on this.

* sewage treatment system

Did I also mention that I think we may have cemented our post box into communal land? Not sure what's going to happen there. :O

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?