Bruno Chief of Police

Dear Martin Walker,

Part of the reason I skydived into this French adventure was because of your lovely Bruno books. I'm currently reading the fourth in the series, Crowded Grave. I love the warm and colourful Perigord life you cleverly portray, and last week, I would have moaned at you for painting too rosy a picture, but do you know, suddenly, your country life tales are taking on flesh in the shape of so many charming and generous French people, and some English too, who are helping us to feel part of our new community. So, Martin Walker, you were right, and I'm looking forward to more truffles, more foie gras, more horse-riding, more fine wines, more rugby, more convivial doings with the mayor, more hunting, no, maybe not hunting, not yet. And we can leave the murder out too.

Best wishes,
Debbie

PS. I also enjoyed and was inspired by Peter May's books starring the Scottish biologist, Enzo Macleod, but the murders in these books were rather more grisly and disturbing. I don't need more of that right now, Peter. 


Standing over my books as I am wont to do... 
(Ah, Cherie, these are your flip flops that I found in the caravan- thank you for unknowingly letting me use them... O __ o)

Comments

  1. I tried the first book and now I am hooked. The writing is delightful and you immediately want to go live in the French equivalent of "Midsomer" which seems like a paradise - but with the odd murder. Bruno is a super character and I think I've only read one other book this year that rated (like this) as a page turner and that was "I am Pilgrim" by Terry Hayes. Thanks for the recommendation Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to be of service! Glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?