Rock Removal



Kevin took these photos from his hidey hole. He finds my rock removal labour of love a bit odd. But I can't plant grass seed on the fosse channel bare patch until I have a good smooth top soil! The very sad thing is that if I choose to prod my trowel in the earth at any random position, post clearance, there is more rock lurking there. 


This photo is supposed to show the amazing difference between 'rock removed soil' on the right and 'rocky soil' on the left. Yep, I know. Not a lot of difference! I'm half way across and I'm going to keep going. I have a technique. I rake in from one metre on either side to make a feather shape, the idea being that most of the stones on that two metre strip are on the quill/calamus. Then I work up the quill with my barrow, scooping up and digging out any stubborn rocks. Navigating the tufts is yet another element that can only bring additional satisfaction. The tufts are surprisingly adept at hoarding rocks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?