My Wild Life

If you want to know the weather forecast, ask a farmer. Farmer Joel knew he only had two days to cut, dry and gather the hay, as rain was due, and he did it. Just in time.



I'm wondering just how many golf balls are wrapped within these bails. My estimate is ten per bail. It's not going to end well, as, some day, a cow will end up with a golf ball in its mouth. That's a bit sad...

The water trough is home to a new resident, cohabiting comfortably alongside the midwife toad.



I don't mind playing host to newts, but who on Earth lives in a house like this? Something with digging superpowers has dug out all around a previously buried tree stump, casting rocks aside in its endeavours.




I have a suspicion that it's a pine marten-type creature, as I caught sight of something in that vein last week, dashing off in the direction of the stump. I'd gone towards the big cherry tree to remonstrate with the birds, who were making such a loud fuss. When I shouted, 'Hey! What's all the fuss about?', a long, cat-sized, fat-tailed creature darted away, rendering both me and the birds silent.

Or maybe we've got truffles there, and, true to walnut, peach and mushroom fashion, someone has decided to help themselves... 


I've planted a lot more vegetables and fruits this year; it's going to be a jungle out there once they start bushing out. Can you see where I spilled the packet of onion seeds? Yes, I'll need to lift and separate them, but I'm just letting them develop a degree of hardiness first. The gladioli corridor is coming along nicely...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?