Rabbits are cute, fluffy and innocent

I love rabbits. They're cute, fluffy and innocent. My practical brother, however, bought me this rabbit killing kit:
To pay him back for his bloodlust and creature cruelty coercion, when he was showing me the knife and warning me about how v e r y sharp it was, he cut his finger! He he... Now, one of these items is simply a fire starter, so that is quite useful. The loopy things are snares; they strangle the rabbit, or ensnare it in some other painful way. I've seen Watership Down, more than once. I cannot imagine that I would ever be hungry enough to feel the need to use a snare to catch a rabbit. But I think they may have some other practical or decorative function. Suggestions please.

The previous owner of our property had a bank of eight rabbit hutches right next to the first cottage, a little Leporidae highrise. I don't know if he caught these, or if he bought them as a reproducing food source. I have eaten rabbit and hare, and no doubt will do again, but can I butcher one myself? If I happened to come across one without having to snare it... there are butchering instructions in my self sufficiency book:

Hmmm... we'll see. I haven't actually seen any rabbits out in the open on our land, but there is certainly evidence of rabbits. I imagine the ubiquitous giant-sized buzzards keep them in their burrows and under hedges for long spells. I am slightly worried that they'll carry off our cat. The buzzards, not the rabbits.

Did you know that rabbit urine is great for lemon trees?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?