A bit more glass...

There was a whole cabinet of Lalique glassware at the exhibition, but this was the only photo I took of these ghostlypieces, due to my over-excited twirling and butterfly-flitting from case to case in the first darkened display room. Refreshingly, we were given the freedom to wander at will, without the imperious supervision of any gallery stewards. I think photography was permitted, although, that may not have been the case... The rooms were often in darkness, with the pieces of glass gently illuminated from artistic angles, reminding me of my own bathroom display*. 


These are two more exquisite collections that captured my attention, so much so that I didn't look to see what they were called or who the blowers were. I'll have to go back. Not wearing a stripy dress.





This large frame contained lots of little bulbs of coloured glass, possibly as a record of different powders and pigments, but presenting a beautiful display in its own right.


Appreciating glass as an art form drove me to appreciate this abandoned bottle outside the mountain bike centre at Sedieres.


While enjoying the cultural and natural beauty of the Domaine De Sedieres, we were slightly taken aback to witness a man wearing just a hat and Speedos striding across our eye line as we drank coffee. 


Not entirely put off our food, we took the opportunity to share a picnic lunch and play a round of Skip-Bo. Afterwards, we drove Eastwards to Neuvic. We stumbled upon a little church, Saint-Etienne, which boasted the most incredible stained glass windows, reminding me of some of the Chagall windows I've mused over at Tudeley. Photographs of coloured glass never do the originals justice; it's difficult to catch the effects of the reflected light.






I can't seem to find out anything about the creator of these marvellous windows on Google... I'll have to go back.


This unusual cloud formation reminded me of the glassware!

While travelling back from Neuvic, near Egletons, on turning a sweeping corner on the road, we were stunned to be faced with this enormous ruined castle, perched high on a rocky hill. We actually did just stop the car, not realising that there was a car directly behind us, which stopped too. Luckily. It's the Chateau de Ventadour, built in the 11th century, but it was closed yesterday, so we couldn't get a closer look. I'll have to go back.



As expected, the next roundabout was in the theme of the chateau.


And the next roundabout after that was telling us it was time to go home...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?