Sweat House

Argh! I'm melting! Kevin and I have spent two days in the roof, and the rain has gone. I'm making good progress with the re-pointing of the end wall; I actually am dreaming about the act of pointing with my hawk and my tiny trowel, in the same way that I used to dream about Candy Crush. (I stopped doing that a very long time ago.) It was around 50 degrees Celsius up there today. By the time 'beer time' arrived, I was coated in a sweat-glazed layer of sand and lime- it's going to take ages to moisturise!


Kevin lowered my platform before work today. I'm still quite high! I use a cut-down Vanish container to measure my sand and lime, and a Skip (washing detergent) bottle for dispensing my water- it adds a gentle laundry fragrance to the earthy aromas. One of my favourite things is laundry odours. Odd, but true.




The cardboard is not sufficient for my droppings...

And what has Kevin been doing, I hear you ask... The second Velux window is now in after drawn-out battles with old oak beams. It took every piece of cutting equipment we have to cut out the right gap for the window. He ended up using a good old-fashioned hammer and chisel.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?