You'll never hear about this again...



The construction of the terrace has continued at breakneck speed, due to the imminent arrival of guests. It seemed impossible to me that I would ever be finished. My life, for the past year, has become an aggregate of cement, lime, sand, rocks and rubble, not forgetting the blood sweat and tears! As I began to (literally) see the end in sight, I found a new level of enthusiasm, despite the scorching heatwave. Did I manage to finish before our guests arrived? Wait and see...


Kevin set about connecting up the lights, despite the wall not yet being rendered and topped. He bought four very basic pillar caps and drilled holes in the centre for the cables, using my sand pile as padding.





My haste to complete the job meant that the cement mixer really suffered. Look at this!


Fortunately, Kevin took pity on me and banged it clean.


I was then able to use the cement mixer 'sick' as hardcore!





The final corner comes into view! We always intended having our 'monster slab' as a sort of shower tray there, but we've yet to put in a water supply... But, worry not; the pipework is there waiting.



No more need for hardcore! We've now moved it all down to the end of the piggery, our next renovation project.


Just the liming to do... 


It's done! We enjoyed a celebratory glass of champagne, okay, a whole bottle!

And this is what it looked like a year ago! But we were in the UK for six months, so the terrace took me six months to construct! I don't know if that's good or bad...


The terrace!




Of course, I won't be able to resist showing you the terrace area when the wall is rendered and topped, the shower installed, and the doorways and steps are tiled, but, otherwise, you'll never hear about this again. Thank you so much for following my progress. 

What next?

Comments

  1. Really lovely work. Well done to the pair of you. I can imagine that the wine will taste twice as good there as drinking it sitting on the grass.

    The last shot taken at night makes it all look very inviting as long as the mozzies don't get you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony! We've never had mozzies here until THIS YEAR! I blame the heatwave. They were only around for a week or so.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?