Car Hire Troubles

Hello. I'm back. After two weeks of having the family chez nous, it is time to catch up on blogging, not that much renovation has been taking place in that time! But before we look at some updates on the renovation, I have to tell you about our car hire troubles. 

I've mentioned before that there were some issues with Atlas Choice, who hired us a car through Enterprise at Limoges airport in November last year, or rather, who didn't hire us a car, as they were unable to provide a car on our arrival- they had none (shrug). We were assured that it was normal practice for us to then hire an Avis car (at the next desk), pay for it, then have that payment refunded. Special forms were issued and signed, outlining the agreement. Have we had our refund yet... in June the next year? No. We are still in discussion with Atlas. We paid them 42 Euros for the car we didn't get. We paid Avis 107 Euros for an actual car. There was initially an obsession on Atlas's part of refunding us the 'difference', i.e. 65 Euros. To get them to understand that we needed the whole 107 Euros refunded has taken until last week. Now that they can understand that, there is still no payment. This makes me say, 'ARGHHHHHHHH!'

But the latest car hire debacle has me screaming, 'EEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHH!'. It involves the Dart Charge. I hired a car at the end of May. I went through the Dartford Tunnel. I paid my fee online. The car hire company, Green Motion at Stansted, said I had not paid the fee, and fined me £105. It has come out of my account. On looking up my payment online, I found that it had been assigned to an earlier crossing that day when I did not have the car. I have my receipt of payment, I have a copy of the Dart Charge site showing that my payment went towards an earlier crossing. Green Motion will not refund my money unless Dart Charge write to me admitting an error. I appealed to Dart Charge with my evidence. They have now said that no payments are outstanding on that vehicle, so no further action will be taken. I've replied, as politely as one could in these circumstances. I want my £105 back!

I will NEVER hire a car again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?