A bit more Tulle

We had to visit the notaire in Tulle to agree the sale of our property. We stayed in the Inter Hotel by the river, actually, everything in Tulle is by the river. The rendez-vous with the notaire involved the notaire, the vendors, our bilingual estate agent and us. The entire meeting was conducted in French. It was very formal, but I didn't giggle. I was able to understand most of what was said, but my goodness, what a challenge! After an hour and a quarter, voila! we had the keys! The vendors then took us out to share a bottle of champagne- actual champagne, none of your cheap fizz, and again, a great cafe chin-chin was enjoyed, all in French. I have to admit to a certain amount of smiling and nodding, without knowing what was being said... and I performed possibly some of my worst French ever, bold and experimental, at best. I have found that the French really appreciate the effort, however, and will kindly correct you.
 My new handbag quietly enjoys the ambience of the Tulle cafe.

 Did you notice that they appear to have their lantern up the wrong way?

Cafe selfie! ;D   *




* Not the most successful selfie, I'll confess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?