Kevin's Fancies

We drive past this little old van on the way to and from Seilhac. Kevin has never managed to drive past yet without commenting on its loveliness. 
Kevin thought it was important that I see these pumpkins 'just growing by the road'. They're actually tumbling down from someone's garden. Pumpkins do that, Kevin.



The Unannounced Sweet Chestnut Challenge

While wandering up the footpath to the forest, we waded through ball-ponds of fat sweet chestnuts. We nonchalantly gathered a few special ones in our pockets as we strolled, but with no intention of collecting further fruits to return to England with.

On returning to our farm, Kevin announced the unannounced challenge: Who had collected the most chestnuts? Kevin can be quite strict with unannounced challenges, and he made me estimate the number of chestnuts I'd gathered before unpacking them from my pockets. I guessed that I'd stashed about 37. Kevin guessed that he had more, nearer 38. (But he, of course, had had the opportunity to count as he gathered, as he, presumably, already knew about the unannounced challenge, so that wasn't really fair, was it?) 
I emptied them onto a chair, and there were 51! This photo shows Kevin carefully counting his clearly much smaller stash. It fills me with pity. 25. Why is he bothering to count? I'd clearly won the challenge!
He then stated that his estimate had been closer. Well, yes...



I don't think Kevin can appreciate the beauty of moss on rocks. He picks it off absentmindedly. Don't do that!

Kevin turns off the water and empties the system in another little plumbing nativity scene. This is funnier than you realise, as we have just one toilet, and we've kept the water in that. There are no other pipes. What's funnier is how long it took to drain. Ah well, no frozen and bursting pipes* for us!

A last little strim before we go... I love to mow, but I don't like to strim. The strimmer weighs a ton and it hurts my body after ten minutes or so of waving it around.

* pipe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?