T'was the night before Christmas...




I'm afraid to say that you are absolutely correct. There was, after all, a creature stirring, and it was found to be a mouse. 

I was busying away in cottage #1, where the silence is usually deafening, when I heard the sound of nibbling coming from the lovely old bread proving table, the one that I call a coffin. I flung open the lid to witness a small mouse dart into his nest in the corner, which he'd cleverly lined with some blue fabric. The mouse escaped through his emergency exit and out of the front door, so I removed his little blue blanket and have replaced it with some wire-wool. Happy Christmas, little mouse. 



PS. Dear Mouse, There are two barns packed to the rafters with hay and straw. Perhaps you could find shelter there? Yours sincerely, Mrs Wire-wool xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?