Breathe in the Green!

The first bits of bloom on the hydrangea 

The first passion flower this year

One day, this overgrown patch under the lime tree will be part of a stone terrace, with a circular bench ringing the trunk...

We have a lot of slopes

Free flowers to brighten the edges of the 'park'

Clover is under-rated

I may have made a mistake in letting the 'car park field' become a meadow... I'll never get a mower through this now. And the last time I used the dead farmer's scythe, I nearly chopped off my legs. I'm no Poldark.

Common lime tree

Farmer Joel cut the long grass in our lower fields today (Yes, I too have a new idea for the car park field...)

Buzzards followed in his wake like seagulls behind a fishing boat. Farmer Joel told me they were waiting to catch the ... He didn't say mouse, but I pretended I understood the word he did say...




Inspired by Farmer Joel's cutting, I decided to cut the other four acres. I've let the 'top field' become a meadow too, but I cut a path through it at an early stage, so it's re-mowable.

To the caravan! (Virginia Woolf's other book in the series.)

Here be snakes!

What I need is a big raking machine. Look at the dreadful mess of cuttings!

Every table a growing table at this time of year

Farmer Joel finished his cutting a long time before I did, and then the buzzards began to follow in my wake! Well, they might pick up a cricket or a butterfly... I never see any rodenty things when I'm mowing these fields, although, there is plenty evidence of moles! Had to tell myself that I was too heavy to be whisked away, but they look so big when they're just over your head. The wingspan looked quite a bit over a metre.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?