Re-pointing Progress (Slow)

In between mowing and saving the lives of seedlings, my piggery re-pointing project continues...


There are so many gaping holes in the piggery walls, that I need a constant supply of additional stones. No, I didn't put the water in there... It rained.

Small holes need small stones- I've poked in bits of chunky gravel left over from the fosse septique channels. It's probably all falling out on the other side... Yes, I do push in lot of lime mix first.


The white and orange marks on the stones are lichen- I'll wire brush it all off when I'm done. The whitish marks on the big stone near the top are almost crystals, like the marks barnacles leave on the keels of ships.

I've had to chip out lots of badly applied concrete; I left some in, however, as I doubted that the wall would stay up if I removed too much of it. It'll blend in... What's that? You've noticed that I'm dropping less? True.

I was banging so hard to wedge in new stones, that the piggery door slowly swung open. I was half expecting someone to lean out and tell me to hush!



Looks better. doesn't it?

Bread oven next (my pottery)... once the piggery's done!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?