Allassac Vide Grenier

For those of you who are interested in France on a more general level, and just stumbled across my blog because it said 'French', here is a little peep at the rather marvellous vide grenier at Allassac, a pretty town just off the A20, and not far from our farm. I can promise that there will be no photos or mentions of building work. I think...

This set of doors has been overlooked by the modern tarmackers.

The steep climb up to the market.

Despite the chilly weather (after a little heatwave) the French turn out in their hundreds for this annual event.




 

Mr Playmobil was so proud of his collection, and was keen to demonstrate the moving parts.

Oh, come on! Two neck-feather chunks of your choice for 5 Euros! What's not to like?!







We stopped at St Salvadour for a beer on the way home. I heard an almighty racket coming down the road and look what it was! No, I don't know what it was...

Comments

  1. Now that last picture is fascinating to a geek like me. You wonder what other attachments he has that connect to that short tow bar coming from the engine bits. Possibly various "field bothering" wotsits.
    Perhaps stationary attachments that mash up vegetables that turn it into illegal alcohol - or maybe that's my imagination running too far.
    I noticed in the market some old mopeds that have seemingly disappeared from the earth that were once so plentiful when I was a lad.
    Puch Maxi's - NSU Quickly's. Where have they all gone? - Well now we know!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?