To Uzerche... yet again!

This is the view of Uzerche looking the opposite way to everyone else. All of the unique pepper-pot roofs and turrets are behind me. Over to the mid-left of this photo is a view of the little car park that affords an excellent view of the medieval town I was standing in.


We went into the imposing 12th century Church of Saint-Pierre, as we hadn't been inside before... but on entering, we realised that we certainly had set foot in there before. How could I ever forget this charming fellow? I don't know how long he's going to last, as he's precariously positioned, and wobbled furiously when I marched past on the ancient raised parquet flooring at the rear of the church. A little group was assembled in front of him, and as I performed the grand wobble, they all audibly gasped. I can't deny that I do walk with the grace and delicacy of an elephant. I tried to walk back in a more gentle fashion, but he still teetered dangerously.



I love coloured glass, and stained glass windows always draw me. This is the main East window in Saint-Pierre.



Directly outside the porch door, there is a little circular stone design amidst the cobbles.



We found another little chapel nearby called Notre Dame. Its windows are designed in quite an unusual bright style.








Every time we visit Uzerche, we find new alleys, steps and squares that we haven't stumbled upon before. This was our little sneaky back path down to Julia's via the creperie and arty shop.



On entering the medieval part of Uzerche, there were colourful garlands strung across the street. Or is it just someone's washing?*



We lunched on Julia's upper terrace. 


This is apparently the very best I can do to look appealing while wearing Jackie's sunglasses...


Uninvited bags...

Kevin and I enjoy finding our initials on registration plates.

There are buildings in the medieval quarter that display terminal decrepitude but defy collapse. There are people living in this beauty.






Kevin: The pigeons here don't make the same noise as in England.
Me: Those are crows.
Kevin: No, they're not. Look, they're pigeons.
Me: Yes, those ones sitting there are pigeons, but the ones flying and cawing are crows.
Kevin: No.



*Yes, that is Father Christmas at the bar in the background. He has to go somewhere 'out of season'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?