Wall to Wall Work

I've continued to work my way along and up the south wall of cottage #1, removing (as much as I can) mould and dirt using a wire brush, then whitewashing. You can see how far I'd wire brushed up to on the second layer of the job. I've decided that I'll permanently damage my eyesight if I continue to work on that wall when the sun's on it, so I have to get up early and get cracking before it comes round!


I've finished off that little square that you can see below today, and now I must wait for the tower to come round from the back of the house, as I can't reach any higher on the step ladder. I need to entirely disassemble the tower and re-erect it, but Kevin has now purchased some cladding for the side of the dormer, so that job takes priority. No, it really does- I'm not being funny. But it'll be soon! What's that? Reading my blog has become a bit like watching paint dry? That is literally what you're doing... Hello? Are you still there?




In order to finish my painting this morning, I had to disassemble Kevin's strategically placed satellite ensemble. He'd actually used my paint pot, kettle and brush to prop it all up in the wheelbarrow! But the good news is that we now have TV if we need it! All we needed to do to bring an end to Kevin's relentless tinkering was buy a new LNB. And now it works perfectly. Just in time for The Great British Bake Off! Yessss! Kevin will need to find a more permanent location for the dish, however. 


My white porridge-y wall attracts a lot of interest from bugs and small beasts. This particular bug is a bit of a beast! It has eight legs, so it must be a spider, but it's certainly a weirdy! Its body looks like a tiny bobble hat.

And meanwhile in the kitchen, Kevin starts the splash-back tiling!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?