Things that grow

The very worst news that I have to share, grow-wise, is that the peach tree that was mysteriously stripped bare of its luscious fruits last year, has failed to produce any blossom, and hence, fruit, this year. I Googled this phenomenon to discover that it is quite common for peach trees to produce fruit every other year. Great. Peaches require a good chill over winter, apparently, and the last winter in the Correze was fairly mild. 

But who needs peaches when you have apples, pears, cherries, walnuts, courgettes, tomatoes, onions, carrots, peppers, chillies, green beans, and other exotic delights?


Can you see Kevin?







I'm the newest fan of weeds as flowers! (Cheap! No, ... free!) I think they look rather gorgeous!


Kevin has been strimming the terrace-to-be so that we can start to level it out. Again.

Before
After



The weeds are taking over... Would it be a bit odd if I were to use nettles as my indoor flowers? They are actually flowering at the moment. My French neighbours, noticing that I had so many, have told me three good things about nettles this week. 1) I can make delicious nettle soup; 2) I can use the soup as fertiliser; 3) Being stung is good for the blood. Yep.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?