Waiting...

I don't really want to talk about this, but you need to know... in case you ever decide to settle in France. The strimmer, which I now know is called a debroussailleuse, is still not back from the workshop. They've had it nearly a month, and we have a serious undergrowth problem. I've stamped it down when I've absolutely needed access. It cost a lot, we had it for less than a week, it has a five year warranty, we used it once. I've given up chasing it now. One day they'll phone...

Orange. We waited patiently for the engineer between 8am and 10am on Monday 20th July, an appointment which at the time was over a week away. It was the soonest they could do. We'd already been paying for our Orange 'service' for nearly a month, but hey, 'don't sweat'. 
The engineer didn't come. Later in the afternoon, Kevin went to the Orange shop in Tulle to find Julien. Julien found out that we'd cancelled the appointment five days ago. We hadn't. We couldn't... as we have no phone or internet. And we can't send smoke signals because fires are strictly forbidden in the summer. (So are BBQs. I found that out today, after we've already had two. Sorry France.) 
Julien got to work and an engineer called the next day. His name was Potier, 'like a potter', and he picked up a pot on the side to demonstrate, and it had my name on the bottom as it was one I threw, so I was congratulated for being another 'potier'. He told us he could not do the work as the line had been cut and he would need a lorry with a lifty ladder and another man. (I had mentioned this the first time I ever phoned Orange, and every time since!) They came back the next day! That was yesterday... and now we have internet and a phone! But no TV. Apparently they don't do TV to houses in the sticks. But... when I signed up to this, the deal was: internet, phone, SIM, TV. I actually don't care, as I don't have time for TV now. And it's a cheap deal. Bon marche.
It amuses me that Orange are advertising on my blog!

Windscreen. We went back on Wednesday and they fitted it, and I didn't have to pay and it works! Hurrah! It took four hours, but that was fine. You see, I'm being more French.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?