Debbie's Chores

Today I have been painting the North face of cottage #1. Kevin tells me he has a certificate for erecting towers, but it felt quite rickety. It didn't help when he visited me on the top level and thought it would be funny to shake it. There was an element of risk, apart from the falling off, and that was the proximity to the big electrical cable coming in. Kevin said, 'Don't touch the cable'. That was my Health and Safety induction. 

The moss that I spent ages scrubbing off with a wire brush has left a black mossy stain, and that black mossy stain is determined to show through three layers of masonry paint. After one layer it shows through bright yellow, another coat, brown, then finally, orange! It is staying a bit whiter in places, but I think I need some sort of anti-fungal undercoat. What you see is one 20 Euro tub worth of paint, and there's a lot more to do at this triple layer rate!



And then I did something feminine! I stitched up a tear in the mosquito blind on the main caravan window. It's always been there, and, sometimes, a persistent biter has worked its way in. No more! Kevin says it looks like something from The Nightmare Before Christmas. O __ o


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?