Tulle Nights

How lovely Michelle looks wearing her cardigan that matches the parasol... 

No, this is not a cardigan. Michelle chose to don two napkins to keep off the chill. 

You see those young people just behind her left shoulder? They were so polite. One of them came to us to ask if we minded if they smoked. Normally we would, but because they asked, we didn't.

The theatre reflects well in the River Correze.

Another incident involving young people occurred that evening. I didn't take a photo, and I haven't 'Sharpie-ed' it either, but it was a notable event. A group of young people was sitting at a table next to us in a pavement cafe. A dishevelled, drunken man stumbled into their table, trying to show them something. He looked like he may have been homeless, and I was already dreading him moving on to us. Suddenly, two of the young men shot up, and I was expecting them to either forcibly eject him or move to another table. Not in France. To my surprise, the two lads carefully put their arms round him and helped him sit in one of their chairs. One of the young men knelt at his side, speaking gently to him, trying to communicate with him. Another of the group asked the bartender to call an ambulance. While they were waiting for help to arrive, the young people continued to give this man all of their kind attention. Of course, I felt a little guilty about my initial reaction to this man. 
I continue to be so impressed by the way French people care for their fellow men.

Comments

  1. Having now read every "Bruno Chief of Police" book, I find myself not entirely surprised and quite pleased that there are parts of France where this happens.
    I'm going into withdrawal now. There won't be another Bruno book until next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Glad you enjoyed them! Let's lobby Martin Walker for more...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?