Cats and dogs

I'm sorry to say that this isn't about cats and dogs; it's about rain. It rained all day yesterday, and it rained even harder all last night, and it's still raining hard now. I know rain always sounds worse when you're in a caravan or tent, but this rain is actually quite dreadful. It's working in cahoots with the wind, and managing to invade our camp in lots of different places. I (laughingly) have a 'dry box' for our dry foods. This is the dry box today:




I've been able to save very little. I was impressed by the interior packaging on the highland oat cakes- they'll live to be eaten another day. Luckily, the croissants were on the top and stayed dry in their plastic wrapping, so at least we've enjoyed a hearty breakfast.
Most of our towels are soaked through now from mopping up interior lakes, and I don't fancy going to the 'launderette in the car park' in this rain. The rain is due to stop at 9pm, so hopefully the sun will cure all of our problems tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?