Step by step, beam by beam

Most of the items that came out of the pottery and piggery have now left for the beloved dechetterie. (Did I mention that we've gone from secret handshake to double kissing?) Of course, I've kept those interesting 'museum pieces'. We may have been a tad too hasty though... There were lots of fruit crates stored in the upstairs back of the bread oven (pottery to be), and they all went. About an hour after they'd gone, I told Kevin that I would buy one of those fruit picker things on a pole. Kevin asked where I was going to store the fruit. I said, well, the best way is in fruit crates, on a bed of hay. Now, we have a lot of hay, but hey!  Can we have the crates back? As you can see in the photo above, I saved one. That might be enough for the fruit that doesn't have a wasp or other insect in it.

The upstairs front is full of wood without woodworm! We're keeping that! And some wood and rope 'bee hives'... not sure if we're going to keep those.

Now follows a selection of beam photos, just to show you how much work we've had to do to support an upstairs!

 Oh, and the wall. Wall?! It's plasterboard! Does that really pass as a wall? I'm reliably informed that it does. But I'm still not convinced...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?