Land Work Day

On Saturdays, we try to focus on land work, to 'get us out of the house'. While mowing the upper field, I noticed some huge detached branches resting on some flimsy branches of some of the trees that overhang the 'community pathway'. This gave Kevin the chance to put the Mitsubishi into action again. He attached a chain to the offending branch (which turned out to be the tree top) and yanked it down and out. Whilst this ruined a patch of my 'what I call' lawn, I felt safer when working under the trees!



 It's amazing what magic my lawnmower is capable of... This patch of weed and prickly things now looks a bit like a lawn! It's the most 'lawny' piece of grass we have.


 The 'top lawn' is revealed as I mow!


 And I discovered a peach tree! No, we hadn't seen it before. That IS a bit odd. They're not ready to pick yet, but they already smell quite peachy.

Mowing is addictive, so I moved to the next field down to mow until the petrol ran out. Four hours' mowing ended at 8pm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The tower finds itself in high demand

The sad ending we never expected to see

Renavoidance?